Sunday, March 17, 2013

Auto Garage Door Opener Savings

We opted not to have RH install an automatic garage door opener for us. They were charging $600. We decided to try and save some money, so we went to Home Depot today and man did I score a deal! Go Me!

I previously looked for reviews on this opener and noticed you got a garage door opener upgrade kit for free with purchase. It said online only, but I had a Lowe's coupon (which HD said they would use since it was a competitor) so I couldn't purchase this online and get the free upgrade kit and use the Lowe's coupon on the HD site at the same time. I decided to check with the store and they actually honored it for me!

Apparently this week you could get the free upgrade kit in store so that wasn't a problem and then I was able to use the 10% off Lowe's coupon too :) We opted for HD to install the opener. We probably could've done it ourselves, but thought the $97 was cheap enough to just have them do it. If something goes wrong, it's on them. So, the machine was $198, installation $97 and upgrade kit $29.97 for a total of $324.97. After the free upgrade kit and 10% coupon, I got everything for $275.20. Yay!

We purchased the Chamberlain door opener shown below:



3 comments:

  1. So tempted to hop on this deal and just stash the garage door opener until August. Great score at HD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to like it!! It is very quiet !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure, if you have the one large garage door rather than two smaller doors, that the 1/2 hp is enough. We went with the Chamberlain My Q 3/4 hp, which we got on a similar deal through Amazon for $268 with the installation upgrade kit.

    ReplyDelete