Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pre-Drywall Meeting & Mortgage Papers

A lot has happened this past week. I spoke with the PM on Monday about the wood that was sitting in all of that water. He said he was going to have a remediation company come in on Tuesday and address that issue.

Wednesday was the pre-drywall meeting and the walk-through with Guardian to pick the placement of our data/tv jacks. It's hard for me to leave work in the morning, so DF had to go alone. He was pretty grumpy since he worked until 0200 and the meeting was at 0800, so he was running on a few hours of sleep, but he managed. The PM said all of the gaps in the studs would be filled with the foam and then the insulation crew would make sure everything was covered and there was not any air from the outside getting in.

Regarding the mold: I'm not really sure that I understood DF when he spoke with me... they either treated the wood for mold or they treated the wood to prevent mold, so IDK if we actually had a mold problem or if they were taking precautionary measures to prevent a mold problem. PM said he has this company go through all houses to make sure it's all ok and that we'd get a copy of the report from the remediation company.

We also got a stack of papers from NVR. Our official approval letter was in there, as well as a list of things we need to have prepared for closing (new pay stubs, 2012 W2's, a home buyers class and some other stuff that I can't remember). We're first time home buyers, so all of the mortgage stuff is a little overwhelming to me! It's like speaking another language. Luckily my SR has been more than willing to go over documents with me and explain things- def. helps out a lot.

Our tentative closing date is March 29th, but I'm sure that will not be the actual closing, since our PM said the house should be finished around the 1st or 2nd week of April. NVR papers said if we didn't close by 4/5/13 then the contract thing they sent us will be void and they'll have to run a new credit report/check and we'll have to provide more pay stubs, cleared checks/deposits, etc.) Ugh... why do I have to send all that stuff now just to turn around and send it all again, because I know we're not closing by April 5th?!?! I suppose I can't complain too much though, because we haven't had too many issues with NVR........ yet.

The guardian walk-through was quite simple. We got a TV hookup in the master bedroom, loft, living room and 1 data hookup for the living room.

I have been good and stayed away from the house this entire week, so I am def. going to swing by tomorrow to check the progress. Hopefully I'll have some new pics to post!

I'm getting more and more excited as time goes on!

1 comment: